If a friend has lost a loved one, sending them flowers will show you care. However, it is difficult to know what to say and the messages for funeral flowers below will help you write a thoughtful card that expresses your condolences.
We all face a number of challenges in life, but the worst situation a person can ever face is the death of a loved one. The family of a deceased person will be grieving and will need all of the support they can get. It may be difficult for you or I to understand how things like messages for funeral flowers can help a family go through such a devastating experience. However, a simple sympathy message will let the family of the deceased know that you are thinking of them.
Sending flowers to your friend will show you care and help brighten their day, but the most cherished and thoughtful gift is the message itself. Every family member will be upset about his or her loss and recovery from that loss will be difficult. The length of time before a person recovers from a death in the family depends on their type of personality and the support system they have. Those who have lots of family members and friends who support them as they grieve may recover faster than those who have few friends and family members. Emotional support is very important for this distressing moment. Flowers, funeral cards, and more are given to show support, love and care for the family of the deceased person. No material thing can touch or comfort hurt feelings the way words can. Messages for funeral flowers may vary depending on the kind of relationship you have the person who passed away, but will be one of the most thoughtful things you can do.
Sample Messages For Funeral Flowers
1. My thoughts and prayers are with you during this tragic time.
2. Words cannot describe the loss we are all feeling now. We will miss _____ dearly.
3. Please accept our heartfelt condolences on the loss of your loved one.
4. I am sorry for your loss and am thinking of you at this difficult time.
5. _____ may be gone, but the love lives on. Love is everlasting.
6. Our family’s hearts are with you and your family in this time of sorrow.
7. My condolences on the loss of your beloved _____, _____.
8. I am deeply saddened to hear of your sudden loss.
9. I cannot comprehend how sad you must be feeling. My heart goes out to you in this difficult time.
10. Words can’t express how saddened I am to hear of your loss.
Funeral flowers are usually more appreciated when a sympathy message is attached to the flowers. Messages for funeral flowers can calm and comfort a friend who has lost a loved one. If you want to express more words, we recommend writing a condolence letter. However, both a condolence letter and sympathy message can be sent. When you hear about the person’s passing, send a short sympathy message with flowers immediately. Then, if you want to say more, write and send a condolence letter at a later date. When a family is faced with the loss of a loved one the grief will be overwhelming. Reading a long condolence letter may be too much for the family to handle at this time. All that is needed is a short message such as “We’re here for you” that makes the family feel that they are not alone or, “ We love you and we will continue to pray for you and your family” that makes the family feel that other people care about them and sympathize for their loss.
To learn more about messages for funeral flowers and sympathy messages, read our other articles on writing sympathy messages.