Losing a family member or close friend is tragic. When a death occurs the first thing you should do is send a sympathy message. The funeral card messages below will help you choose the perfect message to offer your condolences.
Death, whether suddenly caused by an accident, or expected because of a known illness, is painful. Losing a loved one is by far one of the saddest things that could happen to a person or to a family.
It may take time to heal the pain caused by the death of an important person. It may take months before a person recovers from a loss. No material thing can change such an upsetting situation, but there are things that can help the family surpass their grief. Bouquets of flowers, sympathetic funeral card messages and gifts are usually given to the family of the person who passed away.
Unfortunately, there are no words that can change how a family feels about their loss, as it is something that will change their lives forever. Although no words or kind gesture can completely change their wounded feelings, friends and family can make them feel better and assured that they will not go through the depressing phase of their lives alone. Reaching out to the grieving individuals and sending them a funeral card or condolence letter will help lift their spirits and reduce the grief they are feeling. The following funeral card messages will help inspire you to write a thoughtful funeral card to your loved one who recently experienced a loss.
Best Funeral Card Messages
1. We are thinking of you during this difficult time.
2. Please accept my deepest condolences.
3. _____ may be gone, but [his or her] memory will live on in our hearts forever.
4. I am sorry for your loss. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
5. I cannot even imagine what you must be going through in this difficult time. Please know that I am always there for you.
6. We share comfort in knowing _____ is no longer suffering. God bless you and your family.
7. Please accept my condolences and know that you are in my thoughts.
8. Our hearts go out to you and your family in your time of sorrow.
9. We were so sorry to hear about the passing of _____. We love you and are thinking about you often these days.
10. Death can take away the person from us, but not their memories. Love and memories are everlasting.
There are several things that can make a family feel better during the grieving process. Friends and family will visit them to make them feel that they are not alone. Whether or not you are able to visit the family, it is always appropriate to send the family a card. Funeral card messages show how much you care and offer love and sympathy to the family. Your sympathy message does not need to be long or cover every emotion you are feeling. A short card is enough to tell the family that you are thinking about them and offer your condolences.
The funeral card messages above should have inspired you to write a thoughtful card to your friend or relative. For more help with writing condolences, read our other articles on writing sympathy messages.