It helps to look for examples of sympathy messages on the Internet whenever a family member or a relative of someone we know pass away. It is very difficult to find the right words to say whenever we want to offer comfort at the time of a loss. It is common to think that whatever we say is not enough to take away the pain that the person dealing with the loss is feeling. However, we can help ease the pain by uttering simple, yet sincere, words of sympathy to our friends.
It is perfectly ok to keep our messages of sympathy short; what matters is that the person would feel the sincerity while we are saying them. Always speak from the heart and tell the person whatever you are feeling at the moment.
Examples of Sympathy Messages
Below are some short examples of sympathy messages that you can say to a friend who is mourning over the death of a loved one:
- “Words may not be enough to express how sorry I feel. I cannot imagine the pain and sadness your family is going through. I pray to God that He will give you the strength to overcome the pain you are feeling. I will always be here for you no matter what and for whatever you need.”
- “Our heartfelt condolences are with you and your family. We were very shocked upon hearing the news, but we all know that God has a purpose for everything and I hope that He will give you the strength you need to make it through this difficult time. _____ will always be in our memories for the rest of our lives. Let us not feel bad, for he is in a better place now.”
- ”I am very sorry to hear about your loss. You and your family will always be in my prayers during these tough times. I know that nothing can take away the pain that you are feeling right now, but I just want you to know you will always be in my thoughts.”
- ”There are some things in life that we may never understand, but everything happens for a reason. Let us always bear in mind that something good will come out of this loss. You and your family will always be in my thoughts and my prayers and I am hoping that God will give you the strength to cope with the loss.”
- ”_____ was a very intelligent, strong and loving person and these are only a few of the reasons why we are grieving now for the loss. We all know that he is happy now wherever he is. I am sincerely hoping that you and your family will find the courage to overcome the grief that you are going through right now. Do not forget that I will always be here for you.”
- ”His or her departure is truly unexpected and I am deeply grieved. Please accept my deepest condolences for your significant loss. I will always include you and your family in my prayers. God bless you and your family.”
These examples of sympathy messages may not instantly take away the pain that your friend or family member is feeling, but the words will surely help ease the grief they are experiencing. Always try to let the other person know how you are really feeling, so that they will immediately feel how sincere you are when expressing your messages of sympathy. Even a short sympathy message will help the grieving person know that you are thinking about them. If you need additional help writing a sympathy message, view our other articles and examples.