In memoriam words and phrases can help to express our emotions and support to someone who has recently lost a loved one. Though these words will not entirely ease the pain felt because of the loss, in memoriam words will help let people know that they are not alone in this time of distress. These words can also help the family of the deceased accept the loss and guide themselves towards recovery.
When people in distress hear in memoriam words, it can help them accept the loss and deal with the grief. The words can help them heal and overcome the pain they feel. This is the reason why most people like to use memorial words in sympathy messages similar to the ones below when speaking during funeral ceremonies or writing eulogies.
In Memoriam Words and Phrases
- ”Let us say farewell to a great person. He has been a good son, husband, father, and friend to all of us and he will be dearly missed. He will always be remembered and will forever remain in our hearts.”
- ”Let us not be sad, for he or she lived his or her life to the fullest. Let us celebrate, for he or she was able to make a difference in many people’s lives. We can be sure that he or she is now happy wherever he or she is and that he or she will be guiding all of us for the rest of our lives.”
- ”Let us be happy for our dear friend, because he or she is now with our Heavenly Father. We all know that he or she will always be here with us, shining on us, and looking over us forever. God bless.”
- ”May God bless his or her soul and may he or she rest in peace. Let us wish him or her a delightful journey to eternity and patiently wait for the time that we would meet him or her again. Goodbye to you, our dear friend ______________. Till we see each other again.”
- ”His or her was a life well-lived, so we must not grieve for his or her departure. We should be happy for he or she will be embarking in a more meaningful journey, and that is his or her journey to heaven to meet the Lord. He or she will be dearly missed, but every one of us knows that he or she will forever be present in our hearts and our memories.”
- ”_____________, you will never be forgotten. In our hearts, you will forever remain. Always look over us and shine on us from heaven. We all know that you would enjoy eternity with our Lord. God bless you. Love, _____”
- ”Sleep softly, ______________, rest in peace. This is not an ending, but this is actually the beginning of your new life. This is not death, but this is your birth into eternity. You will always be in our thoughts and hearts and we will always long for the time that we would meet again. Goodbye, __________.”
These examples of in memoriam words and phrases would surely keep our hearts in peace when any of our loved ones departs. Through these words, we would be able to communicate our deepest feelings to our deceased loved ones and help ourselves overcome the pain eventually. To learn more about writing a heartfelt memorial, read our other articles on writing sympathy messages and writing condolences.
Updated: May 29, 2012