Songs played at funerals should remind us of the good times we spent with the departed person. Our top 10 funeral songs are some of the most popular songs that are played during memorial services. Select one or two songs from the list and request that the funeral home play them to honor your loved one.
Choosing music for the funeral can be difficult, but it is a very important task. The music you choose will help everyone in attendance at the funeral remember and pay tribute to your loved one. The songs you choose may have a special meaning to you because the lyrics express your feelings, or remind you of your loved one. Music is also powerful at triggering memories and one of our top 10 funeral songs may remind you of a special time you experienced with the departed person.
Below are our top 10 funeral songs, which have been selected from a variety of genres of music. The list below will help you decide what songs to use, but we recommend choosing whatever songs best help to honor and remember the life of your loved one.
Top 10 Funeral Songs
Click the box below to listen to a free preview of the top 10 funeral songs.
1. “Goodbye My Lover” by James Blunt
2. “You Raise Me Up” by Westlife
3. “Time To Say Goodbye” by Sarah Brightman & Andrea Bocelli
4. “Wind Beneath My Wings” by Bette Midler
5. “My Heart Will Go On” by Celine Dion
6. “Candle in the Wind” by Elton John
7. “With or Without You” by U2
8. “Tears in Heaven” by Eric Clapton
9. “Angels” by Robbie Williams
10. ”Unchained Melody” by The Righteous Brothers
The top 10 funeral songs are listed in no particular order. They are the top songs requested at a funeral based on feedback received by the funeral homes that we work with. There are numerous other songs that would be great to play at a funeral that did not make this list. Whatever songs you choose are a personal choice and there are no right or wrong choices. However, be sure that whatever you choose is appropriate to be played at a funeral.
When making our list of the top 10 funeral songs we had a lot of difficulty narrowing the list down to only 10 songs. Below are 10 more songs that could have easily made our top 10 lists.
Bonus Top 10 Funeral Songs
Click the box below to listen to a free preview of the bonus top 10 funeral songs.
1. “Pie Jesu” by Sarah Brightman
2. “My Way” by Frank Sinatra
3. “Somewhere Over The Rainbow” by Israel Kamakawiwo’ole
4. “Unforgettable” by Natalie & Nat King Cole
5. “The Best” by Tina Turner
6. “I Will Always Love You” by Whitney Houston
7. “Wonderful World” by Louis Armstrong
8. “Unchained Melody” by Righteous Brothers
9. “We’ll Meet Again” by Vera Lyn
10. “Angel” by Sarah McLaughlin
The top 10 funeral songs above can be played at a funeral for a man or woman. They will uplift friends and family in attendance and help to reduce some of the grief they are facing. The songs you choose will help to remind people of fond memories they shared with the deceased person. The songs will also forever remind you of your loved one.
For additional song suggestions, view our other articles on funeral songs, which are listed below.