Losing a loved one is tragic, but their funeral does not have to focus on grief. Happy funeral songs will uplift friends and family at the funeral and celebrate the life of your loved one. Happy funeral songs can also summarize what we are feeling when we are having difficulty putting our emotions into words. The funeral songs you select can be played at the funeral, wake, or other memorial service. It is also common for people to take the lyrics from the song and include them in the funeral service folder, obituary or other memorial.
Even in a difficult time it is important to remain positive and find a reason to smile. Many grieving people find comfort in music and remembering the life of a departed family member with fondness is one of the best ways to recover from a loss. Certain songs will remind us of the person who passed away and bring back positive memories. Uplifting and happy funeral songs are also one of the best ways to ensure that the music you select for the funeral service will provide comfort to your friends and family.
Uplifting Happy Funeral Songs
Click the box below to listen to a free preview of the happy funeral songs.
1. “Always Look on the Bright Side of Life” by Monty Python
2. “Angel” by Sarah McLachlan
3. “Fly” by Celine Dion
4. “Hero” by Mariah Carey
5. “Landslide” by Fleetwood Mac
6. “My Heart Will Go On” by Céline Dion
7. “Right Here Waiting” by Richard Marx
8. “What a Wonderful World” by Louis Armstrong
9. “Somewhere over the Rainbow” by Israel Kamakawiwo’ole
10. “Amazing Grace” by Susan Boyle
11. “Time After Time” by Cyndi Lauper
12. “Unchained Melody” by Righteous Brothers
13. “Up Where We Belong” by Joe Cocker and Jennifer Warnes
14. “You Are The Sunshine Of My Life” by Stevie Wonder
15. “You’ll Be In My Heart” by Phil Collins
16. “You Raise Me Up” by Josh Groban
17. ”Wind Beneath My Wings” by Bette Midler
18. “I Will Always Love You” by Whitney Houston
19. “One Sweet Day” by Mariah Carey & Boyz II Men
20. “Always On My Mind” by Elvis Presley
There are many other happy funeral songs that can be played at a funeral to help people fondly remember their departed loved one. It is up to the family to decide what songs they want to play at the funeral. Typically classical music is played during the beginning and end of the funeral. Religious and spiritual music is commonly played at times throughout the funeral. Lastly, one or two popular songs are often played in remembrance of the departed person. This is the time where you could choose to play uplifting happy funeral songs.
There are many kinds of funeral songs to incite happiness during a funeral. The music you choose could be a favorite song of your loved one, or a song whose words have a special meaning to you and your family. Whatever song you choose, it is nice to have one or two uplifting songs during the funeral. Happy songs help people think about all of the wonderful times they had with your loved one and cherish the time they spent together.