If your mom has recently passed away, it is important to pay tribute to her and celebrate her life. Funeral songs for mom are an important piece of the funeral, or other memorial service, because they help to remind everyone in attendance of your mother’s life. The songs you choose may have words that speak to your mother’s personality, or the songs may have special meaning to you or her. Whatever music you select, it is important to choose songs that are appropriate to a funeral service.
Funeral songs can provide inspiration, hope and encouragement. They can also convey afterlife and Heaven. Or, the music may be selected because they were your mom’s favorite songs to listen to. The funeral music can be chosen for a variety of reasons, but we recommend that whatever you choose has some sort of special meaning to you or your mom.
The following is a list of the most popular funeral songs for mom, along with a few other general songs that are appropriate for your parent’s funeral.
Funeral Songs For Mom
Click the box below to listen to a free preview of the funeral songs for mom.
Because You Loved Me – Celine Dion
Bright Eyes – Art Garfunkel
One Sweet Day – Mariah Carey & Boyz II Men
Wind Beneath My Wings – Bette Midler
You Raise Me Up – Josh Groban
Go Rest High on That Mountain – Vince Gill
Tears in Heaven – Eric Clapton
I Will Always Love You – Whitney Houston
Unchained Melody – Righteous Brothers
Amazing Grace – Susan Boyle
Your Faith in Me – Jessica Simpson
I Believe – LeAnn Rimes
Ave Maria – Josh Groban
Mama – B.J. Thomas
Song for Mama – Boyz II Men
Dear Mama – 2Pac
I’ll Always Love My Mama – The Intruders
A Mother’s Love – Karen Taylor-Good
A Mother’s Wish (Daughter Song) – Kirsten Anderson
The Baby – Blake Shelton
Temporary Home – Carrie Underwood
Forever Changed – Carrie Underwood
The Rose – Bette Midler
My Heart Will Go On – Celine Dion
Hero – Mariah Carey
When selecting funeral songs for mom, we suggest that you consider the following points.
1) List all of the songs in full before you play them at the funeral, especially if you are unfamiliar with them. It is important to make sure that the words are appropriate.
2) Speak to friends and family and ask them for their suggestions. It is also nice to inform close friends and family members of the decisions made.
3) Ask the church or funeral home if they need to review the song choices before the funeral.
4) Consider printing the lyrics to one or more of the songs in the funeral program or on the memorial website.
5) Consider hiring a singer or choir to perform some, or all, of the music at the funeral service.
6) Create a video tribute to be played during the ceremony with your selected song(s). A video tribute offers your friends and family a glimpse into the life and memories you and your family shared with your mom.
Selecting funeral songs for mom is an important part of the funeral. The songs you choose are a loving way to pay tribute to your mother. The funeral songs above will provide you with some of the most popular songs for mom, but you can select any songs as long as they are appropriate for a funeral. Choose music that your mom loved and songs with a significant meaning.
Updated: December 7, 2012