Condolence phrases help you properly express your sympathy to a friend or family member who has lost a loved one. These phrases make them know that you are thinking about them and are there to give him or her comfort. Losing someone will cause your friend or relative to feel pain and grief; thus, you should help him or her realize that they still have friends who can help to alleviate the grief they feel.
Here is a list of some effective condolence phrases that you may use to console your friend or relative:
- May the love of God embrace you in these tough moments and help you heal the pain you feel in your heart by means of time.
- We are extremely grieved by his loss. We send our commiseration to you and to your family.
- We’re very sorry to hear about his death. When it hurts to reminisce the memories and you’re so afraid to go on, look by your side and we’re just few inches away to comfort you.
- I was dismayed to hear about his loss. May God give him everlasting rest. Accept my commiseration and be strong.
- We pray to God to provide us the strength we need in these difficult times.
- In my prayers and thoughts, you would be there every time.
- At this moment of misery, no words can explain what we feel now.
- Just remember that my arms are here to embrace you during these difficult moments.
- His greatest happiness is making others joyful. May God help his soul rest in peace. Please accept our condolences.
- We can’t imagine the grief you must be suffering from his demise.
- If my embrace was strong enough to lessen the misery you feel inside, I would begin at this moment and never stop.
- May the sadness you feel inside be lightened by our love.
- Be strong in these difficult moments. We know that he’s now in the better place.
- We can’t imagine what you are feeling right now, but we would like to express our condolences to you. Please let us know what we can do to help and ease your pain.
- Although this planet will never be the same due to his loss, we’re here to lessen your pain and make you strong.
- We pray to the Almighty to bring you comfort during these tough moments.
- No words can express how sorry we are for your loss. Please accept our condolences.
- You have always been beside me in times I needed comfort, and I’m always here beside you to console you during these tough moments. Please accept my sincere sympathy.
The above are only some of the condolence phrases that people use to express their deepest sympathies to a friend or family member. Feel free to use the condolence messages above, or rewrite them in your own words, and let the person know that he or she is not alone in these difficult times. For additional help, read our other articles on writing condolences or view more sample condolences.
Updated: May 30, 2012